Friday, July 16, 2010

Long Time

I know it has been a long time since my last post. Sorry. We didn't do any training yesterday but I did get Rogue to jump into the back of a truck with a running start. The bad news is that I couldn't get him to do it again. We will be back on the obstacle course today.

The funniest thing that happen during last weeks training has nothing to do with Rogue. I was setting up training for another handler and found a nice hiding spot inside a cabinet. I hide a very large aid in the cabinet. While I had the cabinet open I found the keys to the cabinet tapped to the inside of the door. I thought "Great I can lock the aid in here and not have to worry about it". Everything was great until it came time to pick up the aid. I had lost the key. Murphy was with me on that day. I looked for that key for about 30 minutes with no luck. Between me and the other handler we were able to get the door off of it's hinge and save the aid.

During one of the training problems last week my trainer had one of the aids hidden in the middle of a small puddle. Rogue wasn't bothered with the water until he had to sit. It was a hot day so I was sure that he would do it but I was wrong. Once he got to source he just stood there and looked at me. It took a minute or two but he finally sat in the water and was rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment