Saturday, June 19, 2010

Getting Better

The first aid of the day was inside a cubical wall and the second was tacked to a cork bored. I decided to do today's training off leash. When Rogue went into the cubical with aid I went into the next cubical and got up on the desk so I could watch him without him knowing it. As soon as his nose hit source he sat and look at the doorway of the cubical. I gave him his toy without him knowing where it came from. While we were playing he kept wanting to go back to source even though he already had his ball. I'm taking this as a good sign. I think he is learning that if he is at source I will play with him.

I was about 20 feet away when he found the second aid. Without saying anything I started making more presentations. This didn't fool him, he just sat there until he was rewarded.

1 comment:

  1. Awsome! He's not stupid, I think you've found his "thing"....his switch. Sounds like he's doing great!

    ReplyDelete