Thursday, June 17, 2010

Old Fashion Training

We didn't do anything fancy or hard for today's training. It was just an old fashion training problem so my trainer could see how Rogue is working. He found all three aids and did a great job but she did notice that I have (without knowing it) put Rogue on a two reward system. After he responds he gets verbal praise and then he gets his toy. To her it looks like he is working to get the verbal praise and then he gets to play with his toy. He isn't working to get his toy as he should be. This may be part of the problem of him not wanting to stay at source. His drive for the verbal praise isn't that strong. She wants me to stop giving him the verbal praise and just use the toy as his reward. Of course once he gets his toy then I can praise him up however I want. The hard part of doing this will be to recondition myself not to say "Good Boy' when Rogue responds but I'll give it a try.

2 comments: