Thursday, June 3, 2010

Real world search

During a real world search yesterday Rogue and I were searching some buses. While inside the buses we didn't have any problems but outside was a different story. Rogue was so distracted by all the people that I had a hard time making him work. Guess what this means? We will be doing some training around large crowds.
Rogue did very good at yesterday's training, except for one of the stairwells. He missed the aid but so did every other dog. The aid (it was a small aid) was on a post on the bottom landing at about 4' high. The wind current in the stairwell was sucking the odor up. Once the dogs got their noses above the aid they all found it. I'm not going to worry about this miss because I think it was a bad plant. When we got up to the second floor Rogue did an awesome job finding the aid that was up there. Coming down the back stairwell I had to drop the leash or Rogue would have pulled me off my feet to get at the aid at the bottom of that stairwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment